Skillet-Cooked Shrimp with Romesco Sauce
If you're unable to find jumbo shrimp, large will work just fine. We like the flavor and texture of shrimp cooked in its shell, but take the shells off before cooking, if you prefer. To make the sauce even faster, use a bottled roasted red pepper.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 273
- Fat: 11.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 32.7g
- Carbohydrate: 9.2g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 229mg
- Iron: 4.4mg
- Sodium: 534mg
- Calcium: 104mg
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 16 unpeeled jumbo shrimp (about 1 1/3 pounds)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons blanched slivered almonds
- 1/4 ounce white bread, torn into pieces
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 3/4 cups chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 8 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and coarsely chop.
- 3. Combine parsley, 1 tablespoon oil, juice, crushed red pepper, and shrimp in a bowl; let stand 15 minutes.
- 4. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add almonds and bread to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until nuts are golden. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add tomato and roasted bell pepper; sauté 4 minutes or until the tomato begins to break down. Place the tomato mixture in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Add vinegar and salt to tomato mixture; pulse until combined. Cool to room temperature.
- 5. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of shrimp mixture to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining shrimp mixture. Serve with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note