Skillet Chicken with Orzo, tomatos & Parmesan Cheese
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Orzo
- 1 1/2 C Orzo
- 2 TB olive oil
- 4 boneless chicken breasts or tenders or thighs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teasp. oregano
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 c grated parmesan cheese
- 3 TB chopped basil
- 1)Toast orzo in a large skillet set over med. high heat. when it is golden brown, transfer to a bowl.
- 2)using same skillet, add 1TB olive oil to pan and heat until it shimmers. Season chicken with salt & pepper. Lightly brown on both sides, about 5 min. total. Transfer chicken to a plate and keep warm.
- 3) Add remaining oil to skillet (if necessary).
- Stir in oregano, garlic and red pepper, cook until fragrant, 30 seconds.Stir in tomatoes and orzo.
- 4. Place browned chicken and broth into orzo mix. Bring content to a simmer, reduce heat and cover until chicken is done, about 10-20 min.
- 5. Stir in Parmesan cheese and basil.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by EleanorCook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Skillet Chicken with Orzo, tomatos & Parmesan Cheese Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes