Skillet Chicken with Cranberries and Apples from Easting Well
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken tenders cut in half on the diagonal
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) dried thyme divided
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) canola oil divided
- 2 crisp red Fuji apples thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion quartered & sliced
- 3/4 cup(s) apple cider or juice divided
- 1 cup(s) cranberries
- 1 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1. Sprinkle both sides of chicken tenders with 1/4 teaspoon each of thyme, salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and add the chicken. Cook, stirring, until lightly browned on all sides, 3 to 4 minutes total. Transfer to a clean plate.
- 2. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan. Add apples, onion, 2 tablespoons cider or juice, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon each thyme and salt. Stir to combine. Cook, stirring often, until the apples and onion are softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add cranberries and sprinkle flour over everything in the pan; cook, stirring for 1 minute. Return the chicken to the pan and pour in the remaining cider or juice. Cover and cook, stirring once or twice, until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes more.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Skillet Chicken with Cranberries and Apples from Easting Well Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes