This was really tasty! I left out the potatoes because I didn't have any on hand and it was still excellent!
Skillet Chicken and Vegetables
If you can't find Meyer lemons, you can use a regular lemon. It will have more of a bitter bite, which you can counter with a pinch of sugar.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 39 Minutes
- Calories: 399
- Fat: 23.7g
- Saturated fat: 7.2g
- Sodium: 533mg
- 2 skin-on, bone-in chicken breast halves, halved crosswise
- 2 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups (1/2-inch-thick) slices carrot
- 2 cups (1/2-inch-thick) slices celery
- 1 large red onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; coat with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan, skin side down; cook 6 minutes or until skin is golden brown and crisp. Turn chicken over. Place pan in oven. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in thickest portion of chicken registers 165°.
- 3. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Discard pan drippings (do not wipe pan clean). Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add potatoes to pan; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook potatoes 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove potatoes from pan. Add lemon slices to pan; cook 1 minute on each side or until browned. Remove lemon from pan. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add carrot, celery, onion, and garlic; cook vegetables for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add wine and chopped fresh oregano; cook 1 minute or until liquid almost evaporates, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- 4. Return potatoes to pan. Combine chicken stock and cornstarch. Add stock mixture, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute. Stir in butter and lemon juice. Return chicken to pan. Sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note