This was really tasty! I left out the potatoes because I didn't have any on hand and it was still excellent!
Skillet Chicken and Vegetables
More From Cooking Light
Total: 39 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 399
- Fat: 23.7g
- Saturated fat: 7.2g
- Sodium: 533mg
- 2 skin-on, bone-in chicken breast halves, halved crosswise
- 2 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups (1/2-inch-thick) slices carrot
- 2 cups (1/2-inch-thick) slices celery
- 1 large red onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; coat with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan, skin side down; cook 6 minutes or until skin is golden brown and crisp. Turn chicken over. Place pan in oven. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in thickest portion of chicken registers 165°.
- 3. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Discard pan drippings (do not wipe pan clean). Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add potatoes to pan; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook potatoes 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove potatoes from pan. Add lemon slices to pan; cook 1 minute on each side or until browned. Remove lemon from pan. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add carrot, celery, onion, and garlic; cook vegetables for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add wine and chopped fresh oregano; cook 1 minute or until liquid almost evaporates, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- 4. Return potatoes to pan. Combine chicken stock and cornstarch. Add stock mixture, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute. Stir in butter and lemon juice. Return chicken to pan. Sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes