Delicious. Added Greek seasoning to chicken and used organic non-fat regular yogurt in sauce, other than that, followed recipe.
Skillet Chicken Souvlaki
Prepare a family-friendly Mediterranean-style dish that's sure to please even the pickiest eater. The quick-cooking chicken and simple homemade yogurt sauce make this a perfect dish for a busy weeknight. Serve with a simple side salad.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 361
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 35.1g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 589mg
- Calcium: 105mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups vertically sliced onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper (about 1)
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated English cucumber
- 1/4 cup 2% Greek-style yogurt (such as Fage)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 (6-inch) whole-wheat soft pitas, cut in half
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Add chicken to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until done. Remove from pan.
- 2. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Add onion and bell pepper; sauté 3 minutes. Add chicken, garlic, and oregano; cook 30 seconds.
- 3. Combine cucumber and next 6 ingredients (through 1/8 teaspoon salt). Serve chicken mixture with yogurt sauce, warmed pita, and tomato slices.
- Salad: Combine 5 cups torn romaine lettuce, 1/3 cup sliced red onion, and 3 sliced pepperoncini peppers. Combine 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss with salad. Top with 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese and 3 tablespoons halved kalamata olives.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note