Skillet Chicken Saltimbocca
Yield: 4 servings
More From Bertolli Pasta Sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 jar Bertolli® Vineyard Premium Collections Marinara with Burgundy Wine Sauce
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli boiled ham
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Dip chicken in egg, then flour combined with salt and pepper until evenly coated.
Heat Olive Oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken, turning once, about 8 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
Stir Sauce into same skillet and cook 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, evenly top chicken with prosciutto and mozzarella. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 5 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and cheese is melted. Serve, if desired, over hot cooked vermicelli.
Nutrition Information per serving:
Calories 460, Calories From Fat 150, Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g, Total Fat 17g, Cholesterol 170mg, Sodium 1480mg, Total Carbohydrate 7g, Sugars 18g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Protein 49g, Vitamin A 25%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 25%, Iron 25%
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes