Skillet Chicken Pot Pie 2
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Skillet Chicken Pot Pie 2
- For the Chicken Pot Pie Broth:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper, added so season the chicken and some more to season the broth
- 1 onion, Chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups milk (Can use heavy cream if you have it for a richer broth!)
- 2 cups mixed frozen peas and carrots (You can add some more if needed)
- For the Biscuit Topping:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Heat oven to 400°F to have hot and ready for the biscuits.
- Heat a large skillet pan on high heat and melt the butter. Salt and Pepper the chicken to season it well. Lay the chicken breasts on the thick side down into the pan. Cook for about 7 minutes and turn, and cook for about 3-5 minutes, and when the second side is slightly browned. Remove the chicken from the pan and lay on a plate. The chicken does not need to be cooked through yet because it will continue to cook later.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan and add the chopped onions. Add about 1 tsp salt to the onions and sauté for about 5 minutes and they are cooked. Add the flour to the onions and stir the flour in well. Add about 1 cup of Water and stir with a wire whisk until the flour is mixed in well. Add the chicken broth and the milk and stir well. Season the sauce well with the poultry seasoning and salt and pepper for taste.
- Return the chicken to the pan, adding the juices onto the plate from the chicken, which will add some great flavor! Cover the pan with a lid and cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Start to prepare your biscuits by adding the flour to a medium size bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well. Transfer the dough to a well floured counter surface and knead the dough for about 1 minute. Don't try to knead for too long or that may make the biscuits turn out tough.
- Roll the dough out with a rolling pin and with a round cookie cutter make individual biscuits. Place them onto a baking sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the biscuits are browned.
- Return to the skillet and remove the chicken from the pan. Allow the chicken breasts to sit for about 5 minutes or so.
- Add the frozen peas and carrots and stir well. Put the lid back on and cook for about 5 minutes. While the frozen vegetables are cooking through, cut the chicken into bite size pieces and return them to the skillet.
- When the peas and carrots are cooked through, the biscuits should be done.
- Pour the chicken sauce into a bowl and top with the biscuits. Enjoy by dipping the biscuits into the chicken
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Skillet Chicken Pot Pie 2 Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes