This is a great tasting recipe that couldn't be easier. My family can't get enough of it so I always make a double batch. I've also made it with my own breaded cutlets which was superb. I think the thing that makes it so tasty is that you cook the pasta in the sauce, rather than pouring the sauce over it. Try this when you are short on time after a long work day and you'll be hooked!
Skillet Chicken Parmesan with Pasta
- 1 pound frozen cooked breaded chicken breasts (4 breasts = 1 lb)
- 1 can (26.5 oz each) Hunt's Traditional Spaghetti Sauce, divided
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups dry rotini pasta, uncooked (3 cups = 12 oz)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 slices (3/4 oz each) Mozzarella cheese (1 slice = 3/4 oz)
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Hands On: 10 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
1. Prepare chicken according to package directions.
2. Combine 1 1/2 cups of the spaghetti sauce and the water in large skillet while chicken is cooking; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 10 minutes, or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Add Parmesan cheese; mix well.
3. Arrange chicken breasts over pasta mixture; top evenly with the remaining spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Turn off heat; cover skillet with lid. Let stand 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes