Te recipe is basically good, but needs some Italian seasonings in the sauce to make it more tasty.
Skillet Chicken Parmesan
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 427
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 42g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 92mg
- Sodium: 021mg
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
- 1/4 cup panko or other plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil or 1 1/2 tsp. fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella
- Place chicken between sheets of waxed paper and pound with a rolling pin or flat side of a meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness (see Tip Strip on page 104).
- Toast bread crumbs in a dry, ovenproof skillet over medium heat until golden, shaking pan occasionally to stir, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer bread crumbs to a bowl and let cool. Stir in Parmesan and basil and set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and dredge both sides in flour. Warm oil in skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until brown and cooked through, turning once, about 3 minutes per side.
- Preheat broiler to high. Remove skillet from heat and spoon tomato sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture and broil 1 minute until just toasted. Sprinkle with mozzarella; broil until cheese is golden and bubbling, 1 to 2 minutes longer, and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes