Loved this dish! I didn't have the cherry peppers on hand so I used pickled jalapenos. Not as pretty I suppose but the heat level was perfect. Keeper.
Skillet Chicken Breast Aglio e Olio
Chicken benefits from the strong flavors of garlic, capers, and cherry peppers in the sauce for this dish. Taste the sauce before serving to be sure the flavors are balanced. You can use more or fewer capers to suit your taste. Breadcrumbs serve as a thickener, lending the sauce body and texture. Serve with green beans and rice.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 286
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 40.9g
- Carbohydrate: 9.1g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 109mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 831mg
- Calcium: 42mg
- 6 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 4 pickled hot cherry peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth (such as Swanson Certified Organic)
- 1 tablespoon dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Dredge chicken in flour.
- Heat oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds. Add capers and peppers; cook 30 seconds. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until chicken is done. Stir in breadcrumbs; cook until liquid thickens (about 1 minute). Taste sauce, and add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, if needed. Remove from heat; sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note