Easy to prepare, good for a weeknight, very satisfying comfort food. To save time, I left the skins on the red potatoes. Yum!
Skillet Beef Burgundy
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 292
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 31.5g
- Carbohydrate: 25.5g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
- Iron: 4.9mg
- Sodium: 469mg
- Calcium: 42mg
- 1 1/2 pounds lean, boneless sirloin steak
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cups (1/2-inch) sliced carrot
- 2 cups quartered mushroom
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 pound small red potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can beef consommé, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Burgundy or other dry red wine
- Trim fat from steak. Cut the steak into 1-inch cubes. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add steak; cook 4 minutes or until steak loses its pink color. Remove steak from skillet; drain and set aside.
- Recoat skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add carrot and next 3 ingredients; sauté 5 minutes. Return steak to skillet. Add thyme, pepper, and consommé; stir well. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Place flour in a bowl. Gradually add wine, blending with a wire whisk; add to steak mixture. Cook 5 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes