skillet-baked eggs with spinach, yogurt, and chili oil
Egg dish. Delicious with tons of versatility. Adapted from Bon Appetit Jan 2012. Could use a mix of greens like kale as well. Bacon would also be a good edition. Might finish in oven in heat proof serving dishes or Steve over a toasted English muffin or french bread. Might try cooking eggs on Big Green Egg as well for next time.
Yield: 2 servings ( Serving Size: 2eggs )
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) Plain Greek yogurt (up to 2/3 c)
- 2 clove(s) garlic, halved (can use I clove)
- 2 tablespoon(s) Unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoon(s) Olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) Leeks, white and light green parts only Chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) Scallions, green & white parts only Chopped
- 10 cup(s) spinach, not baby
- 1 teaspoon(s) Fresh lemon juice
- 4 whole(s) Eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Aleppo pepper flakes
- pinch(s) Smoked hot paprika
- 1 tablespoon(s) oregano, fresh Chopped
- Put garlic in yogurt & add pinch of salt in small bowl, set aside. preheat oven to 300 degrees. melt 1TBlS butter and olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add leek & scallion; reduce heat to low. cook until soft, about 10 min. Add spinach, lemon juice and salt to season to skillet. Turn heat to med high. Turn spinach frequently, until wilted, about 4 - 5 minutes.
- Transfer spinach mix to 10" skillet. make four deep wells in spinach. Crack egg in each making sure to leave yoke intact. Place in oven for about 10 - 15 min until whites set. In small skillet, melt butter let foam subside, add pepper flakes and paprika and let butter begin to brown. Then add oregano and cook another 30 sec.
- Remove skillet fom oven. Remove & discard garlic from yogurt. spoon yogurt over eggs. Drizzle oil mix on top. Serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by PKcookin and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes