Skewered Shrimp with Black Bean-Lemon Rice (Pompeian)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) EVOO
- 1/4 cup(s) red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 24 whole(s) large raw, headless, peeled shrimp - about 1 pound tails on
- 24 whole(s) green onions, trimmed to 6 inches in length
- 24 whole(s) cherry tomatoes
- 2 poblano chili peppers, seeded and cut into 24 pieces
- 8 12 inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- 3 cup(s) hot cooked brown rice
- 15 ounce(s) canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped cilantro
- 3 teaspoon(s) grated lemon zest
- Whisk first 5 ingredients together to make marinade. Reserve 1/2 cup of the mixture in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Place shrimp in a resealable plastic bag, pour marinade over shrimp, seal tightly and coat well. Refrigerate 30 minutes, turning frequently.
- Remove shrimp from marinade (reserving marinade). Place shrimp on skewers, alternating with the tomatoes, chilies, and onions folded in half.
- Preheat grill on high heat. Brush skewers with reserved marinade from bag and cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until shrimp are opaque in center.
- Place the remaining reserved marinade in a small saucepan on the grill to heat slightly. Toss the rice with the black beans, cilantro, and lemon zest.
- To serve, top rice with skewers and spoon heated marinade over skewers.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Skewered Shrimp with Black Bean-Lemon Rice (Pompeian) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes