Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner
These kabobs are a heartier offering of finger food fare. Definitely double or triple the recipe to suit your guest list.
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 cup lemon-lime soda
- 2 pounds beef sirloin steak, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 2 yellow peppers, diced
- 1 (8-ozs.) pkg. mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic powder, seasoned salt, garlic-pepper seasoning and soda in a medium bowl; mix well and set aside. Arrange steak in a large plastic zipping bag. Reserve 1/2 cup coy sauce mixture for basting; pour remaining in bag and seal. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Thread steak, peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes alternately onto skewers. Lightly grease cold grill rack. Grill kabobs over high heat (400 to 500°) for 10 minutes, or to desired doneness. Baste frequently with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Skewered Morsels Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch
More Recipes for Main Dishes