Skewered Fruit With Rum Drizzle
We served these kabobs on a platter with fresh strawberries, currants, and pears. They are also great for dessert with vanilla ice cream and a sprinkle of toasted coconut.
More From Southern Living
Soak: 30 Minutes
Bake: 10 Minutes
- 8 to 10 (6-inch) wooden or metal skewers
- 2 bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 star fruit, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1. Soak wooden skewers in hot water 30 minutes. Toss banana slices with lemon juice.
- 2. Thread banana slices, pineapple, and star fruit alternately onto skewers. Place on a wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined broiler pan. Cover and chill up to 8 hours, if desired.
- 3. Preheat oven to broil. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over fruit.
- 4. Broil 4 inches from heat 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Drizzle with rum.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note