Skewered Fruit With Rum Drizzle
More From Southern Living
Soak: 30 Minutes
Broil: 10 Minutes
- 16 (12-inch) wooden or metal skewers
- 4 bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 star fruit, cut into 1/2-inch pieces*
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- Soak wooden skewers 30 minutes to prevent burning.
- Toss banana slices with lemon juice.
- Thread banana slices, pineapple, and star fruit onto skewers, alternating fruit. Place on an aluminum foil-lined broiling rack. Cover and chill up to 8 hours, if desired.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over fruit.
- Broil, in 2 batches, 4 inches from heat 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Drizzle with rum.
- *4 papayas, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces, may be substituted for star fruit.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables