- 16 (12-inch) wooden or metal skewers
- 4 bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 star fruit, cut into 1/2-inch pieces*
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dark rum
How to Make It
Soak wooden skewers 30 minutes to prevent burning.
Toss banana slices with lemon juice.
Thread banana slices, pineapple, and star fruit onto skewers, alternating fruit. Place on an aluminum foil-lined broiling rack. Cover and chill up to 8 hours, if desired.
Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over fruit.
Broil, in 2 batches, 4 inches from heat 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Drizzle with rum.
*4 papayas, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces, may be substituted for star fruit.