Skewered Chicken with Spicy Peanut Dip
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 2 Hours
Amount per serving
- Calories: 152
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 18.0g
- Carbohydrate: 8.0g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- Iron: 1.0mg
- Sodium: 655mg
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Calcium: 18mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 shallot, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, divided
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 12 (8-inch) wooden skewers
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add shallot, 1 tablespoon ginger, and 1 teaspoon garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until shallot is tender. Add curry powder and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper; sauté 1 minute. Stir in broth, peanut butter, 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Simmer 3 to 5 minutes, or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Transfer mixture to a bowl; cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Cut each chicken breast half lengthwise into 4 strips. Place strips between 2 pieces of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Combine remaining ginger, garlic, crushed red pepper, lime juice, soy sauce, salt, and sesame oil in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken, and seal bag securely. Marinate in refrigerator 1 1/2 hours, turning once.
- Soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes; drain.
- Preheat broiler.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Thread chicken onto wooden skewers. Place skewers on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broil 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with peanut dip.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This