I found this bland. I would make again but perhaps add some cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes.
Sizzling Shrimp with Corn Relish
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Cindy Barr
Serve over rice for a hearty dinner or over a bed of baby spinach for a lighter meal.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 332
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 11.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Protein: 37.6g
- Carbohydrate: 19.9g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 259mg
- Iron: 4.8mg
- Sodium: 612mg
- Calcium: 101mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño pepper (about 1 small)
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 3 ears)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients; set aside.
- 2. Heat a 14-inch wok over high heat. Add oil to wok, swirling to coat. Add shallots, garlic, and jalapeño to wok; stir-fry 30 seconds or just until shallots begin to brown. Add shrimp to wok; stir-fry 3 minutes or until shrimp are done. Add corn; stir-fry 1 minute or just until corn is heated. Stir in juice mixture; sprinkle with cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note