Sizzling Korean-Style Beef with Sesame Seeds
Paper thin slices of beef seared quickly with garlic and soy. The trick to making the beef ultra thin is to partially freeze it making it easy to slice.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 500g Beef rump steak or fillet (trimmed)
- 3 tablespoon(s) Golden caster sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) Mirin (Japanese Rice Wine)
- 2 whole(s) Cloves of Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 whole(s) Red Chilli (seeds removed, finely sliced)
- 1 tablespoon(s) Sesame Oil
- 8 whole(s) Spring onions cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon(s) Sesame seeds (toasted)
- a little vegetable oil
- 1. Thinly slice the beef. (If you have extra time it helps if the meat is partially frozen helping you to slice it even thinner. Ten mins in the freezer will help.
- 2. Combine the sugar, mirin, garlic, chilli soy and sesame oil in a bowl. Add the beef and stir well to coat. Grind some black pepper over it.
- 3. Heat a small amount of vegetable oil in a wok over a high heat until very hot. Cook the beef for about 40 seconds turning until browned.
- 4. Add the spring onion and stir fry for another minute, then add the toasted sesame seeds, mix in and serve immediately.
- Lovely with plain steamed rice and broccoli spears or french green beans.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Hopskotch and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note