- 500g Beef rump steak or fillet (trimmed)
- 3 tablespoons Golden caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Mirin (Japanese Rice Wine)
- 2 wholes Cloves of Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 whole Red Chilli (seeds removed, finely sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 8 wholes Spring onions cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon Sesame seeds (toasted)
- a little vegetable oil
How to Make It
Thinly slice the beef. (If you have extra time it helps if the meat is partially frozen helping you to slice it even thinner. Ten mins in the freezer will help.
Combine the sugar, mirin, garlic, chilli soy and sesame oil in a bowl. Add the beef and stir well to coat. Grind some black pepper over it.
Heat a small amount of vegetable oil in a wok over a high heat until very hot. Cook the beef for about 40 seconds turning until browned.
Add the spring onion and stir fry for another minute, then add the toasted sesame seeds, mix in and serve immediately.
Lovely with plain steamed rice and broccoli spears or french green beans.