Sizzlin' Skillet Cornbread
More From Southern Living
Bake: 15 Minutes
Cool: 30 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups self-rising cornmeal mix
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Coat bottom and sides of a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with bacon drippings; heat in oven 10 minutes.
- 2. Whisk together remaining ingredients; pour batter into hot skillet.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Invert onto a wire rack. Cool completely (about 30 minutes).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sizzlin' Skillet Cornbread Recipe at a Glance