Six-Onion Roast with Goat Cheese Crema
- 10 ounce soft fresh goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemon zest
- 1 cup toasted ground walnuts, divided
- 1 garlic bulb, top removed
- 2 red onions, quartered, root ends intact
- 2 bunches green onions, trimmed, leaving 3 inches of green ends
- 1/2 pound cipollini, peeled*
- 1/2 pound red pearl onions, peeled
- 2 sweet onions, quartered, root ends intact
- 3 leeks, white part only, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fine-grained sea salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring until blended. Stir in 1/2 cup walnuts.
- Toss together garlic and next 6 ingredients; drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into a 3-quart baking pan. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes, stirring once. Dollop goat cheese mixture over onion mixture; bake 20 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with remaining walnuts. Garnish, if desired.
- * Cipollini are bittersweet bulbs of the grape hyacinth. They look and taste like small onions. Shallots may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This