- 10 ounce soft fresh goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemon zest
- 1 cup toasted ground walnuts, divided
- 1 garlic bulb, top removed
- 2 red onions, quartered, root ends intact
- 2 bunches green onions, trimmed, leaving 3 inches of green ends
- 1/2 pound cipollini, peeled*
- 1/2 pound red pearl onions, peeled
- 2 sweet onions, quartered, root ends intact
- 3 leeks, white part only, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fine-grained sea salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
How to Make It
Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring until blended. Stir in 1/2 cup walnuts.
Toss together garlic and next 6 ingredients; drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into a 3-quart baking pan. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes, stirring once. Dollop goat cheese mixture over onion mixture; bake 20 minutes or until onions are tender.
Remove from oven; sprinkle with remaining walnuts. Garnish, if desired.
* Cipollini are bittersweet bulbs of the grape hyacinth. They look and taste like small onions. Shallots may be substituted.