Sito's Lebanese Cabbage Salad
From the kitchen of: Lindsay Bierman, executive editor. My Sito (grandmother) used to make this REALLY salty and lemony and mix it all up in a giant bowl with her bare hands. I remember her every holiday standing over the sink, chopping and mixing, chopping and mixing.
Prep: 10 minutes.
- 1 small red and 1 small white cabbage, or 1 medium cabbage of either color, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 to 2 lemons (about 5 tablespoons), or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Taste and add more lemon juice and seasonings, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note