Sito's Easy Noodle Rice
As simple rice goes, this may be the best ever if you like butter and pepper. Don't be shy with either. --From the kitchen of Lindsay Bierman, executive editor.
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 15 minutes; Stand: 5 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup uncooked vermicelli, broken into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, or to taste
- Melt butter in a 3 1/2-quart saucepan. Add noodles, and cook about 3 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add remaining ingredients and 2 cups boiling water. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork, and stir in more salt and pepper, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This