Sirloin with Chipotle-Tomato Sauce
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 16 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3 ounces steak, 1/2 cup sauce, and 1 tortilla)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 368
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 30.4g
- Carbohydrate: 41.2g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 69mg
- Iron: 5mg
- Sodium: 934mg
- Calcium: 148mg
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless sirloin steak, trimmed (about 1/2 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions, undrained
- 1 drained canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 (8-inch) warm flour tortillas
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine first 3 ingredients. Sprinkle steak with chili powder mixture. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 4 minutes. Add tomatoes, chile, and sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 4 minutes. Thinly slice steak across grain. Serve steak with tomato mixture and warm tortillas.
- Note: Use your remaining chipotle chiles in adobo sauce in Chipotle Mashed Potatoes or Chipotle Black Bean Chili.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes