Winner. I just served this over long grain and wild rice, and I will definitely make it again. I couldn't find the seasoning, so I just used garlic powder and basil. I don't know if I would make it for company, but my husband liked it enough to go back for seconds.
Sirloin Tips with Vegetables
Photo: Oxmoor House
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 10 minutes. If you can't find precut sirloin tips, have the butcher cut a trimmed sirloin steak into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 240
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 33.4g
- Carbohydrate: 6.3g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 92mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 370mg
- Calcium: 18mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound sirloin tips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large Vidalia or other sweet onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 2 teaspoons tomato, basil, and garlic seasoning blend (such as Mrs. Dash)
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Sprinkle sirloin tips with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add beef to pan, and cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, or until desired degree of doneness. Remove beef from pan; set aside, and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Add onion and peppers to pan; sauté 3 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons water; cook 1 minute.
- Add beef to onion mixture; sprinkle with seasoning blend and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add 1/4 cup water to pan; bring to boil, scraping browned bits from bottom of pan. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This