Sirloin Tip Roast with Carrots and Baby Red Potatoes
Serve a beef roast for Sunday supper this week. This one-dish meal has everything you need for a filling dinner.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 533
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated fat: 10g
- Protein: 49g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 146mg
- Sodium: 236mg
- 1 sirloin tip roast (3 1/2 to 4 lb.)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds carrots (about 8 large), cut into large pieces
- 24 whole small baby red potatoes (about 2 lb.), scrubbed
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Pat roast dry and season on all sides with salt and pepper. Sprinkle flour over roast and use your hands to spread it out and pat it evenly over meat.
- 2. Melt butter and 1 Tbsp. oil in a large roasting pan over medium-high heat on top of stove. Add roast and cook, turning with tongs, until browned on all sides, about 15 minutes total.
- 3. Place carrots and potatoes in a large bowl and toss with remaining 1 Tbsp. of oil. Place vegetables in roasting pan all around roast. Roast, stirring vegetables often, until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of roast registers 140°F for medium rare, 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 45 minutes.
- 4. Transfer roast to a cutting board, tent loosely with foil and let rest for 10 minutes. Stick a sharp paring knife in carrots and potatoes to make sure they're easily pierced. If they're not, return roasting pan with vegetables to oven to continue cooking while roast rests.
- 5. Thinly slice roast and serve warm with carrots and potatoes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note