Sirloin Steak with Sherry-Soy Sauce
If you don't have sherry on hand, use 1/3 cup low-salt beef broth.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3 ounces meat and 2 tablespoons sauce)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 227
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 12.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 25g
- Carbohydrate: 2.8g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 483mg
- Calcium: 13mg
- 1/3 cup sherry
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound boneless sirloin steak (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1. Combine sherry and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- 2. Sprinkle both sides of steak with salt and black pepper.
- 3. Place a large nonstick skillet over high heat; add steak, and cook 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-high; turn steak, and cook 3 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak, and set aside.
- 4. Add sherry mixture, scraping bottom and sides of pan to loosen browned bits; cook over medium heat 1 minute, stirring constantly. Slice steak, and serve with sauce.
- carbo rating: 3
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes