This was such a tasty way to use up veggies from my garden. Delicious over brown rice.
Sirloin Squash Shish Kabobs
These colorful beef and vegetable kabobs feature a tasty soy sauce marinade tht can also be used on pork chops or steaks. From Ronda Karbo: Russell, Minnesota. Originally published as Sirloin Squash Shish Kabobs in Cooking for 2 Newsletter
Marinate: 4 Hours
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) each garlic powder, ground mustard and ground ginger
- 1/2 pound(s) beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into four wedges, optional
- • In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic powder, mustard and ginger. Place beef in a large resealable plastic bag; add 1/2 cup marinade. Seal bag and toss to coat. Place zucchini, yellow squash, red pepper and onion if desired in another resealable plastic bag; add remaining marinade and toss to coat. Refrigerate beef and vegetables for at least 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- • Drain and discard marinade. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef and vegetables. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note