Sirloin and Peppery Tomato Reduction with Squash-Onion Stir-Fry
- 1 teaspoon(s) chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt divided
- 1 pound(s) boneless sirloin steak about 3/4-inch thick, trimmed of visible fat
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1 medium zucchini cut into eighths lengthwise, then cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium yellow onion quartered adn layers separated
- 1/2 cup(s) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 2 tablespoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine chile powder, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper ad 1/4 tsp salt. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of steak and press lightly to adhere. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium-high, tilting skillet to coat bottom lightly. Add zucchini, squash and onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until just tender-crisp, stirring frequently. Sprinkle mixture with remaining 1/4 tsp salt and place in a medium bowl; cover to keep warm.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in same skillet on medium-high, Cook steak for 4 minutes per side or desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce: In a small bowl, combine last 6 ingredients (starting from diced tomatoes) except 2 tsp oil.
- Remove skillet from heat and place steak on cutting board. Return skillet to medium-high heat. Add sauce mixture to pan residue. bring to a boil and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup liquid, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, stir in 2 tsp oil and serve over steak, with squash-onion stir-fry alongside.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Ftoast and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note