Single Girl's Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Artichokes, Tomato, and Black Olives
Time: 25 minutes. This sandwich was Kimberly Feltz's comfort food when she was in her 20s, living on her own. "I put all of my favorite foods on it â€¦ it's my 'Treat Yourself Special' grilled cheese sandwich."
More From Sunset
- Calories: 631
- Calories from fat: 61%
- Protein: 23g
- Fat: 43g
- Saturated fat: 23g
- Carbohydrate: 40g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sodium: 1543mg
- Cholesterol: 109mg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon softened cream cheese
- 2 slices sourdough rye
- 1 slice fontina cheese
- 1 slice sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup canned artichoke hearts, drained, dried, and mashed
- About 8 brined medium black olives, halved
- 2 thin slices beefsteak tomato
- 1. Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Spread cream cheese on 1 side of 1 bread slice. Put slice in pan, cream cheese side up, and the other slice alongside. Scoot both around so they absorb the butter.
- 2. Reduce heat to low. Top cream cheese slice with fontina and the plain slice with cheddar. Cover pan and let cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheeses are melted. Transfer to a plate.
- 3. Cover fontina-topped slice with artichoke mash, olives, and tomato. Top with cheddar slice.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per sandwich.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note