- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon softened cream cheese
- 2 slices sourdough rye
- 1 slice fontina cheese
- 1 slice sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup canned artichoke hearts, drained, dried, and mashed
- About 8 brined medium black olives, halved
- 2 thin slices beefsteak tomato
- calories 631
- caloriesfromfat 61 %
- protein 23 g
- fat 43 g
- satfat 23 g
- carbohydrate 40 g
- fiber 3 g
- sodium 1543 mg
- cholesterol 109 mg
How to Make It
Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Spread cream cheese on 1 side of 1 bread slice. Put slice in pan, cream cheese side up, and the other slice alongside. Scoot both around so they absorb the butter.
Reduce heat to low. Top cream cheese slice with fontina and the plain slice with cheddar. Cover pan and let cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheeses are melted. Transfer to a plate.
Cover fontina-topped slice with artichoke mash, olives, and tomato. Top with cheddar slice.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per sandwich.