- 1 pound ground lean turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice (see notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 can (13 1/2 oz.) coconut milk
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 head bok choy (12 oz.), rinsed, stem end trimmed, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (14 oz.) baby corn, drained
- 2 Roma tomatoes (about 8 oz. total), rinsed, cored, and chopped
- 1/4 cup drained canned sliced water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- calories 463
- caloriesfromfat 66 %
- protein 27 g
- fat 34 g
- satfat 21 g
- carbohydrate 16 g
- fiber 4.4 g
- sodium 534 mg
- cholesterol 85 mg
How to Make It
In a large bowl, mix ground turkey, five spice, chili flakes, and salt. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Pour flour onto a large rimmed plate and roll balls in flour to coat lightly.
Pour oil into a 4- to 5-quart nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add meatballs in a single layer. Cook, turning frequently, until lightly browned all over and barely pink in the center (cut to test), 5 to 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate.
Add garlic and ginger to pan and stir just until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add coconut milk, broth, and meatballs; bring to a simmer. Adjust heat to maintain a simmer, cover, and cook until meatballs are no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes.
Stir in bok choy, baby corn, tomatoes, water chestnuts, green onions, and lime juice and cook, stirring often, until bok choy leaves are wilted and stems are barely tender to bite, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve from pan.