Used 2 TB soy and 1 TB fish sauce, otherwise followed the recipe. This is very tasty, but the serving size as given is silly unless you're feeding children or people with tiny appetites. We had this as a one-dish meal and my husband and I ate all of it.
Singapore Mai Fun
Long popular in take-out menus, this curried noodle dish is a sure hit and ready in a snap--provided you have the ingredients prepped before you start. The leftovers are good cold, as well. You'll find skinny rice noodles in the supermarket's ethnic food section.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 237
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 19.7g
- Carbohydrate: 27.8g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 115mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 646mg
- Calcium: 53mg
- 1 (6-ounce) package skinny rice noodles (py mai fun)
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 8 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup (1-inch) slices green onions
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
- Combine broth, soy sauce, sugar, and salt; stir until sugar dissolves.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add 1 teaspoon oil. Add egg; stir-fry 30 seconds or until soft-scrambled, stirring constantly. Remove from pan. Wipe pan clean with a paper towel. Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper strips, ginger, crushed red pepper, and garlic; stir-fry 15 seconds. Add chicken, and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add curry and shrimp; stir-fry 2 minutes. Stir in noodles, broth mixture, and egg; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with green onions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note