I really wanted to love these - I mean, chocolate brownies with caramels and nuts, what's not to love, right? There is some contradiction in the instructions, (requesting twenty ounces of evaporated milk but only showing use of two-thirds of a cup), so maybe I made a goof, but these Ooey Gooey Brownies turned out to be pretty darn ordinary.
Community Recipe from
- 1 box(es) German Chocolate Cake Mix
- 14 ounce(s) carmels
- 20 ounce(s) can of evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup(s) butter
- 1 cup(s) nuts chopped
- 12 ounce(s) chocolate bits
- Melt caramels and 1/3 c milk in double boiler. (Or you can use the microwave). Melt butter and add to cake mix with other 1/3 cup milk.
- grease and flour 2 quart (or you can use Pam) Pyrex dish and press in 1/2 dough.
- Bake 350 degrees for 5-6 minutes. Sprinkle chocolate bits on dough then pour melted carmel and sprinkle 1 cup chopped nuts over all. Put rest of dough on top.
- Bake again 350 degrees for 15 - 18 minutes .
- Cut in Squares
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Linwaite and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sinful Brownies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
More Recipes for Main Dishes