- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 large = about 1 cup)
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 (28 oz each) Hunt's Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves, or dried basil
- 1 pound dry pasta, uncooked
How to Make It
Hands On: 20 minutes
Total: 40 minutes
Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions, carrots and celery; mix well. Cook 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes with their juice and the basil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Cook pasta according to package directions while the vegetables are cooking; drain.
Pour sauce into blender or food processor container; cover. Pulse several times to coarsely chop sauce mixture. (Do not puree.) Serve over the pasta.