Simply Red Fruit Salad
More From Health
- Calories: 99
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 1mg
- Calcium: 41mg
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and quartered (halved if small)
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- 2 blood or navel oranges, depending on season
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds (arils), from 1 pomegranate
- 1. In a small heatproof bowl, cover cherries with boiling water. Let sit for 15 minutes; drain, reserving liquid.
- 2. Add berries and grapes to bowl with cherries.
- 3. Over a bowl, use a paring knife to remove skin and pith from oranges. Slice alongside membranes of each segment, releasing segments. Squeeze juice from membranes. Transfer segments to bowl with cherries; reserve juice.
- 4. In a small pan, combine reserved liquid from cherries, reserved orange juice and lime zest and juice. Add jam. Boil until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Let cool completely at room temperature.
- 5. Before serving, drizzle sauce over fruit and top with pomegranate arils.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note