Simply Heaven Fudge
Soft-ball stage (234°) is a candy-making term. Drop a small amount of boiling mixture (in this recipe, the sugar, milk, and butter combination) into a glass cup of cold water. When it forms a soft ball that flattens as you remove it from the water, you've reached the soft-ball stage.
More From Southern Living
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat; boil, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer registers 234° (about 7 minutes).
- 2. Remove from heat; stir in marshmallows and chocolate morsels until smooth. Stir in 2 tsp. vanilla.
- 3. Pour into a buttered 8-inch square pan; cool completely. Cut into 1-inch squares.
- Roasted Pecan Fudge: Preheat oven to 450°. Soak 2 1/2 cups pecan halves in water to cover 20 minutes; drain well. Sprinkle 2 Tbsp. salt evenly over the bottom of a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Arrange pecans in a single layer in pan; sprinkle evenly with 2 more Tbsp. salt. Place pecans in hot oven, and turn off oven. Let stand in oven 1 hour and 30 minutes. Toss pecans in a strainer to remove excess salt. Coarsely chop pecans, and cool. Prepare Simply Heaven Fudge as directed, stirring in chopped pecans with vanilla. Makes about 64 pieces. Prep: 15 min.; Soak: 20 min.; Stand: 1 hr., 30 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note