1. Place eggs in a single layer in a stainless steel saucepan. (Do not use nonstick.) Add water to depth of 3 inches. Bring to a rolling boil; cook 1 minute. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 10 minutes. Drain.
2. Place eggs under cold running water until just cool enough to handle. Tap eggs on the counter until cracks form; peel.
3. Slice eggs in half lengthwise, and carefully remove yolks. Mash together yolks, yogurt, and next 4 ingredients until smooth using a fork. Spoon yolk mixture into egg white halves. Serve immediately, or cover and chill 1 hour before serving.
5 New Favorites
Try these innovative stir-ins to make your own signature deviled eggs. Prepare recipe as directed, stirring one of the following delicious combos into yolk mixture (Step 3).
1. Creole Shrimp: 1/2 cup finely chopped cooked shrimp, 3 Tbsp. sautéed chopped green bell pepper, 1 minced green onion, 1/4 tsp. Creole seasoning, 1/4 tsp. hot sauce. Top with cooked shrimp.
2. Texas Caviar: 3 Tbsp. chopped roasted red bell pepper, 1 minced green onion, 1 Tbsp. minced pickled jalapeño pepper, 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro, 1 tsp. Italian dressing mix. Top with canned black-eyed peas and fresh cilantro leaves.
3. High Society: 1/2 cup cooked fresh lump crabmeat, 2 tsp. fresh tarragon, 1/2 tsp. lemon zest, 1/4 tsp. pepper. Top with cooked fresh crabmeat and watercress.
4. Georgia Peach: 3 Tbsp. peach preserves, 1/4 cup finely chopped country ham, 1 tsp. grated Vidalia onion, 1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar, 1/4 tsp. pepper. Top with sliced fresh peaches and chopped toasted pecans.
5. Triple Pickle: 3 Tbsp. chopped bread-and-butter pickles, 2 Tbsp. chopped capers. Top with pickled okra slices.