Simplest Roast Chicken Ever
Salt and pepper are all you need to roast this chicken and allow it to live up to its name. It tastes heavenly and is incredibly easy!
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 1 Hour, 21 Minutes
- Calories: 431
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 5.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 49.5g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 166mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 699mg
- Calcium: 49mg
- 1 (4-pound) whole chicken
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh herbs, such as chives, tarragon, and basil
- Herbed Brown Rice Pilaf
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken. Trim excess fat. Tie ends of legs together with twine. Lift wing tips up and over back; tuck under chicken. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- 3. Place chicken, breast side down, in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes. Turn chicken over. Baste chicken with pan drippings. Bake an additional 20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into meaty part of leg registers 165°. Remove chicken from pan; let stand 10 minutes. Discard skin. Carve chicken.
- 4. Combine butter and lemon juice in a small saucepan; cook over low heat 2 minutes or until butter melts. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and herbs. Serve chicken with sauce and Herbed Brown Rice Pilaf.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes