- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light-brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 6 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups julienne carrot strips
- 4 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
How to Make It
Stir together the sour cream, vinegar, brown sugar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate dressing until ready to serve (can be prepared up to three days ahead).
Just before serving, stir together the cabbage and carrots in large serving bowl; add the dressing and 2 tablespoons chives and mix well.
To Serve: Garnish with the remaining 2 tablespoons chives.
How kids can help: Mix the ingredients for the dressing, stir together the sour cream and cabbage mixtures, and sprinkle with chives.