Simple Stuffed Thick Pork Chops
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 Very Thick Pork Chops
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves of pressed or finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup of chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 teas of salt, pepper, garlic power and cumin for stuffing.
- 1/12 cup of bread crumbs
- 2 cups of water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make a deep pocket in pork chops, season with salt, pepper garlic powder and cumin and set aside.
- On med-low heat in dutch oven, on stove top, saute onion and mushrooms in olive oil and butter. Cover and stir often till soft. Add pressed or finely chopped garlic towards the end and let cook for about 1 minute.
- Add about bread crumbs to form a crumbly mixture. Add the spices and then gradually add 1 cup water to form bread stuffing. Add more water if necessary.
- Stuff the pork chop pockets and in the same dutch oven, brown chops on both sides.
- Add about 1 cup of water and cover pot.
- Cook in a pre-heated 400 degree oven for 45 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by denisesrecipes and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note