My preferred way to prepare okra, outside of frying!
Simple Stir-fried Okra
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds*
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen okra, thawed, or 1 pound fresh okra
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Sauté first 4 ingredients in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add okra; sauté 15 minutes or until okra is lightly browned. Stir in salt.
- *1/2 teaspoon dry mustard may be substituted for 1 teaspoon mustard seeds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables