Simple Sherry Gravy
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 17g
- Carbohydrate: 4g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 115mg
- Calcium: 14mg
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Remove turkey trimmings (giblets, gizzard, neck, etc.). Scrape brown bits off bottom of roasting pan, and pour drippings into a medium saucepan.
- 2. Add sherry to saucepan, and cook over high heat until liquid has reduced by about half (about 5 minutes).
- 3. Combine flour and broth in small bowl, stirring with whisk; add broth mixture to pan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 4. Add butter, if desired; when it melts, add salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments