Simple Sherry Gravy
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 17g
- Carbohydrate: 4g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 115mg
- Calcium: 14mg
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Remove turkey trimmings (giblets, gizzard, neck, etc.). Scrape brown bits off bottom of roasting pan, and pour drippings into a medium saucepan.
- 2. Add sherry to saucepan, and cook over high heat until liquid has reduced by about half (about 5 minutes).
- 3. Combine flour and broth in small bowl, stirring with whisk; add broth mixture to pan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 4. Add butter, if desired; when it melts, add salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note