Simple Savory Breakfast Oatmeal
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Oatmeal Base
- 1/2 cup(s) Rolled Oats
- 1 cup(s) Water
- 1 teaspoon(s) Garlic Salt
- Other Ingredients
- 1 Large Egg Fried
- 1 tablespoon(s) Butter for frying egg
- 1 slice(s) American Cheese
- 2 slice(s) Cooked Bacon crumbled
- Prepare oats as per package instructions, using water and garlic salt.
- I prefer an over easy egg (cooked on both sides with runny yoke). I recommend preheating the pan and starting the egg about half way finished cooking the oatmeal.
- When there is about a minute left of oatmeal cook time, add the bacon so that fats and flavors of the bacon have a chance to cook into the oats.
- When the oats are done, remove from the heat, add your cheese and stir and melt completely. Serve and top with the fried egg.
- Serves 1
- Calories: About 396
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TamedOats and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Simple Savory Breakfast Oatmeal Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch