LOVE this recipe. I've made this several times and it's always a hit.
Simple Salmon Chirashi
Photo: Leo Gong; Styling: Robyn Valarik
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 518
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Protein: 32g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 54g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sodium: 959mg
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- 1 cup medium-grain white rice
- 1 pound wild salmon fillets, such as sockeye, skinned and cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup halved and sliced English cucumber
- 1 cup cubed avocado
- 1 sheet nori, torn into pieces
- 2 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons wasabi powder
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1. Cook rice as package directs. Preheat broiler. Sprinkle salmon on both sides with salt and pepper. Broil fish until done the way you like it, about 6 minutes for medium.
- 2. Divide rice among 4 serving bowls. Lay a piece of salmon on each. Top each serving with cucumber, avocado, nori, onions, and sesame seeds.
- 3. Mix soy, wasabi, and oil in a small bowl and serve with the salmon and rice.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving with 1 tbsp. sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes