- 1 cup medium-grain white rice
- 1 pound wild salmon fillets, such as sockeye, skinned and cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup halved and sliced English cucumber
- 1 cup cubed avocado
- 1 sheet nori, torn into pieces
- 2 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons wasabi powder
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- calories 518
- caloriesfromfat 32 %
- protein 32 g
- fat 19 g
- satfat 3 g
- carbohydrate 54 g
- fiber 4 g
- sodium 959 mg
- cholesterol 82 mg
How to Make It
Cook rice as package directs. Preheat broiler. Sprinkle salmon on both sides with salt and pepper. Broil fish until done the way you like it, about 6 minutes for medium.
Divide rice among 4 serving bowls. Lay a piece of salmon on each. Top each serving with cucumber, avocado, nori, onions, and sesame seeds.
Mix soy, wasabi, and oil in a small bowl and serve with the salmon and rice.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving with 1 tbsp. sauce.