A Simple Salad
Once considered a coarst weed, mache is now a chic salad green. The sweet, slightly nutty leaves are tender and juicy.
Yield: Makes 3 or 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 6 cups rinsed and crisped mache (4 oz.)
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, wine vinegar, and minced shallot. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add mache and cherry tomatoes; gently toss.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads